Penny Porter Physiotherapy Reopening for Face to Face Physiotherapy Consultations
Reopening Date Following the Eased Restrictions due to Covid-19
Our clinic on Dragons Well Road is now fully open for both hydrotherapy and physiotherapy appointments. We have put the following measures in place to reduce the risk to our staff, patients and to public health. If you are considering coming for a face to face appointment it is essential that you read the following:
Clinic Capacity and Cleaning
- There will only up to three physiotherapists working in the clinic per day.
- All staff will take their temperature each day before commencing work. If any member of staff records a temperature above 37.9°C, they will not come into work. If the staff member is a clinician, all of their clients will be notified via email or phone immediately.
- All staff have agreed that they will not come in to work if they develop any Covid-19 symptoms.
- In line with government guidelines, any staff member who does test positive for coronavirus will self-isolate for 7 days, beginning at the onset of their symptoms.
- Appointments will be spaced out to enable the clinician to have time to change PPE and clean all surfaces that have been touched by either the clinician or the patient. This includes the plinths, seat handles, door handles, taps and light switches of the treatment room and the toilet if it is used during the patients visit.
- Gym equipment, towels, couch covers, and pillowcases will not be used.
- New waterproof pillows have been purchased for the clinic, and these will be thoroughly cleaned between each patient.
- Disposable, single use couch roll will be used on the couch and pillows.
- Floor will be mopped with a 1:10 parts solution of bleach between each patient.
- Benches, chairs and door handles that may have been touched, will be wiped with disinfectant spray or wipes after each patient.
- Patients should use alternating changing rooms to allow time to disinfect.
Personal Protective Equipment
Your physiotherapist will be wearing the following PPE at your appointment *. This is in compliance with current government guidelines: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control
- Non-latex gloves (single use)
- Apron (single use)
- Face mask
- Eye protection goggles or Face Shield (if required).
*Not applicable for Hydrotherapy. Whilst in the pool your physiotherapist will maintain distancing measures wherever possible.
Your Agreement with Us
We are still offering ‘Virtual’ Sessions, and we are advising you to continue with virtual sessions unless there is a clinical need to have hands on physiotherapy. All patients will need to complete a screening form prior to attending for a face to face appointment.
We have done everything that we can to reduce the risk of our clinicians and patients contracting Covid-19. However, if you come for face to face treatment, please be aware that there is no way that we can eliminate the risk of you contracting Covid-19.
We would encourage you not to come into the clinic if either you or one of your household is in one of the higher risk groups. If you are unsure of this, please follow this link https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Please do not come in if either you or one of your household have shown any symptoms for Covid-19 in the past two weeks. These Include, but not exclusively, the following symptoms: fever over 37.9°C, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, headaches, fatigue, loss of smell and taste.
What You Need to do Before, During and After Your Appointment
We ask you to adhere to the following rules. We will terminate your appointment if you do not adhere to these rules and you will still be liable for the cost of the session:
- Please wear a face mask for the entire time that you are in the building, as per government guidelines. We can supply these at a cost of £1.00 per disposable mask (any money raised from the sale of masks will be donated to Level Water, a charity which teaches disabled children to swim).
- We will ask you to carefully clean your hands with alcohol-based gel on entering the clinic.
- You will be required to complete a screening form for Covid-19 symptoms and a consent for treatment, with your physiotherapist on arrival.
- Please do not arrive too early for your appointment. We will ask you to wait in your car where possible and will call you in when we are ready for you.
- To limit numbers in the clinic, we request that wherever possible that you attend on your own (in appropriate circumstances a carer or guardian may be able to attend but they must be screened and free from Covid-19 symptoms).
- Please maintain a two-meter distance from your clinician for the parts of your session that are possible to do so.
- If you develop any symptoms in the two weeks following your consultation, please notify us immediately.
If you have any suggestions or questions regarding your face to face or video consultations with us please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or 0117 3302448.